Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Cancer has a name

June 6, 2014
Not knowing may have been better, but I asked the doctor today to tell me what the pathology report said. She was very honest about it and told me that I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II. Apparently this is a fairly common type of breast cancer and is found in about 80% of women. That doesn't make me feel any better.

I will see the oncologist next week and hopefully have a better idea what lies ahead. I'm trying not to think about the possibility of a mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiation. It's overwhelming but I can't help wondering. It's silly but the main thing I am concerned about is losing my hair. I guess that old saying "Vanity thy name is woman" is very true. ©Bonnie Annis all rights reserved 

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well for you. I too was diagnosed with advanced stage II breast cancer on January 2, 2013. Had surgery, 14 months of chemo and 33 radiation treatments. If you ever want someone to talk to feel free to contact me. By phone or email (my phone is on the website).

    Linda@TheBeachLady.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com