Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Since my Cancer diagnosis, I've been seeing the world through new eyes. Even the little things in life are amazing! So every Thursday, I'm going to share the things for which I'm thankful.
  •  I was awakened by the sound of birds chirping. They do this every morning but today they sounded especially sweet. Just a little while later, the sun began to shine through my window and I was thankful for the right to see it rise again. Little things.
  • I received a Facebook message from a new found "Pink Sister." She wanted to share helpful tips and information with me. Can you believe that? A complete stranger! She also offered to come to my house and bring me items that would help me during my surgery and recovery period. She wanted to "pay forward" the kindnesses that someone had paid to her during her treatment. 
  •  I received a Facebook message from my Aunt telling me that she loves me and she's praying for me. I'm so thankful for the love and prayers of others. 
  • The mail lady drove up my driveway because she had a package to deliver. I hadn't seen a soul all day so I went out to talk with her. She stayed in my driveway and we talked for about 15 minutes about my health and she offered to do anything she could for me in the days ahead. I'm thankful for new friends!
  • Two of my children called today to check on me and they've made a special point to do this every day. I feel so loved!
  • My brother set up Skype so I could "visit" with my mother who's in a nursing home. Isn't technology grand?
  • A sweet friend sent me a picture of herself wearing a Breast Cancer shirt and said she was wearing it for me! I felt so honored!
  •  Another dear friend said she'd like to be at the hospital with me when I had my surgery. I was so touched!
  •  Hubby is going to stop by the salon on his way home from work to pick up some styling wax for my hair new do. He's so sweet to run errands for me! I am so blessed!
God gives me so many things to be thankful for each day. Little things aren't so little anymore when you look at them through the eyes of Cancer. I hope you know how much I appreciate those of you who are taking time to read my blog too! Blogging has been cathartic for me and has helped me deal with a vast array of emotions. Be good to yourself and be thankful. Today is a gift...use it wisely.

©bonnie annis all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com