Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today I won't write anything "heavy," I'll just use today's post to tell the things for which I'm most thankful. There are so many, many things for which I'm thankful, but here are a few of today's highlights:
  • I am thankful that I woke up this morning!
  • I'm thankful for my daughter, Laura, and her willingness to go with me to doctor's appointments and be my cheerleader. She never complains and it's really difficult for her to pack up her little one and disrupt their schedules, so I really, really appreciate it!
  • I'm thankful for my new internet friend, Karen, who has also survived Breast Cancer. She is so optimistic and encouraging. She gives me a heads up on what to expect. She doesn't sugar coat things but tells it like it is...I'm thankful she's REAL!
  • I'm thankful for my friend, Connie, who emailed me a detailed list of important information regarding what's coming after surgery. She's already been there and done that so she can give me information no one else can give.
  • I'm thankful for unexpected emails that offer kind words and words of hope.
  • I'm thankful for an anonymous card I received in the mail telling me I was being prayed over.
  • I'm thankful for my nurse navigator, Stephanie Martin, who calls periodically to check up on me.
  • I'm thankful for the medical staff at Piedmont in Fayetteville. They were so kind to me today as I had my pre-op testing done. 
  • I'm thankful for the Truett's Luau (a really cool Chickfila restaurant with a Hawaiian theme). We had a fun lunch there today after my testing and they even gave me a PINK lei!
  • I'm thankful my sweet husband, Phil, who tells me I'm beautiful every day (and he has done this for the 21 years we've been married!)
  • I'm thankful for my many Facebook friends who support me daily.
  • I'm thankful for the ladies of Peachtree City Seventh Day Adventist Church (I don't even belong to that church!) who lovingly made little heart pillows to protect my chest from the seat belt on the way home from the hospital.
  • I'm thankful for being able to laugh and be silly to with my little granddaughter, Heather. She is such a delight and my heart overflows with joy because of her!
  • I'm thankful I was able to enjoy cutting the grass in the hot sun. 
  • I'm thankful for pizza night and not having to cook, but also for my hubby who lovingly went to pick it up for us!
  • I'm thankful for our mini vacation to the beach (we leave in the morning at 5 a.m.)
  • And last but not least, for God's love, mercy, and grace...He never leaves me alone and I'm so thankful I am His daughter. He reminds me daily of all the many things I have to be thankful for and in His Word my soul finds rest. 
©bonnie annis all rights reserved

1 comment:

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com