Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The incredible boobless wonder

Surgery is over, and I am alive!!! The doctor thinks she was able to get all the Cancer but is waiting on results from lymph node biopsies. I'm writing this from my hospital bed via my cellphone.

I am in a lot of pain but they are managing it with morphine. Currently, I look like a suicide bomber! I have a compression vest on with two clear grenade shaped drainage bottles attached. These drain out blood and lymphatic fluids but won't be removed for several weeks. I also have on compression thigh high stockings and electric pump compressors on each leg. These are to prevent blood clots. I have on an oxygen mask and IV too. It is very difficult to get up to go to the bathroom and takes 10 minutes to get unhooked from everything!

God has given me a lovely young nurse to help me out. Her name is Darci. She is such a gentle and kind caregiver. I am so thankful that she is patient with me.

Yesterday brought many family visitors to see me -  my son, Dave, my daughter in love, Lauren, my daughter, Laura, my son in love, David, my granddaughter, Heather, my daughter, Jamie, my brother, Jim, and my sister in law, Susie. I felt so loved!
My husband, Phil, was by my side all day and stayed the night in a hospital recliner. He's learning to be such a good nurse!

I'm not sure if they'll send me home today or keep me since I'm hurting a great deal but I am thankful in advance for whatever they decide.

God has been my number one strength, but your prayers undergird me as well. I'm so glad surgery is over. I'm calling myself the incredible boobless wonder. Now all I need is a special cape to go with the title and super powers to boost me out of bed and back to life!

©bonnie annis all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com