Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

One year has come and gone

Yesterday was the one year mark from the date of my surgery. It was a day filled with mixed emotions and retrospection. The entire day turned out completely different than I expected.

I had looked forward to this day for months thinking it would be a day of grand celebration, but it hasn't been that at all. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy to be here and I am very excited to be alive! But the day was just another ordinary day...no fanfare, no balloons, nothing.

I was a little disappointed that not a single friend or family member took time to call or send a card congratulating me but I guess they just forgot, after all, this celebratory day wasn't something that really affected all of their lives, only mine.

At the end of the day, I did have a big bowl of Moose tracks ice cream, and you know, ice cream always makes everything better!

One year of survival down and hopefully, many more to go...

© bonnie annis all rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone understands/appreciates the cancerversary like we do. They just don't understand. But it is important to us....we will never forget the day we were diagnosed or the day of our surgery...at least I don't think I will. It's hard for me to believe last year actually existed.......it seems like it was just a bad dream. Regarding your previous post (I am too lazy to actually read it again and comment) I am fortunate to have both of my breasts....although I could get breast cancer again.....oh, it would be hard to go through the chemo again...'spose I could do it if I had too. Too be honest it would be hard for me to be 'boobless', I am not tiny so it would take getting used to. But NO, they do not make us, the woman is inside of us! I love reading your thoughts! and feelings!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com