Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yes, he's really that good

My biggest cheerleader, my husband, Phil
I've bragged about him before, but I have to do it again...and yes, he's really that good! If you haven't already guessed, I'm talking about my sweet husband.

For the past fifteen months he's been taking care of me non-stop...and I mean, really taking care of me. He's let me cry on his shoulder. He's listened to my discouragement. He's replaced bandages. He's fluffed pillows. He's done all the things that nursemaids do, and then some. He's been so understanding and so sympathetic. He's been priceless. And when I question him, when I ask him why he's been so good to me, he tells me it's because he loves me. He reminds me of our wedding vows...for better or worse, in sickness and in health. I look at him and try to see what he sees. I tell him I'm broken and he says, "that's okay, I love you anyway."

I'm the lucky one...the one who is blessed beyond measure. Not many men would be as giving. He never demands his own way. He is the epitome of 1 Corinthians 13 love. Listen to what the Bible says about true love in verses 4-7 of 1 Corinthians chapter 13:

"Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. 7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].  Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]."

How many people do you know that have a love like that? Not many, I'd venture to say...but I do, and I'm so very grateful.

It seems our entire marriage of 22 years has been filled with him giving and me taking. It seems a very unfair balance and he's never complained, not once. He's a good man, a truly good man. God knew I'd need someone to love and care for me and He chose the best.

I wish I could help you really understand the selfless love my husband gives me but you probably wouldn't believe me even if I wrote it down and gave  you very specific examples, because that kind of love is so very rare...yes, he's that good. So, I won't. I'll keep my priceless treasure all to myself and thank God every single moment of every single day for His remarkable blessing...a godly man and a loving husband.

Taking one day at a time, one hurdle at a time with someone who loves you isn't hard. Health challenges are easier to conquer with a constant cheering section and I'm so glad he isn't too proud to pick up the pom poms. Yes, he's THAT GOOD.

© bonnie annis all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your comments with me here. Be sure to click on publish when you are done. Comments will be reviewed before being posted to prevent spam or inappropriate content. Thank you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com